Thursday, January 13, 2011

Etsy Germany Street Team Sellers: PeriDot by Duni

Name: Dunja Buesken
Location: Borken, NRW, Germany
Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PeriDotbyDuni
Website: http://www.dunibagz.de
Blog: http://lovelypurses.blogspot.com

Tell us a little bit about what you make.
I have been designing, constructing and selling OOAK handmade bags for a couple of years now (Dunibagz), but recently developed a new sleepwear line which I intend to sell off Etsy. My new range is called 'PeriDot by Duni'. Peridot is my birthstone and to me its light green colour reflects fresh, new ideas and new beginnings.

What are some goals for your Etsy store?
I’ve only recently registered. So far I’ve updated the policies, FAQs and shipping information. Hopefully I will be able to list my items soon – I’m currently taking photos of all my products and this is no easy feat considering the grayish weather/light we are experiencing here in NRW at the moment!

My banner should be up pretty soon too, and I’d like my Etsy shop to have a cohesive appearance reflected in both colours and style of my garments.
My main goal is to offer feminine sleepwear made from 100% cottons for women who are tired of wearing over sized T-shirts or the typical flannel PJ’s ;-)

What item has been a ‘best-seller’ in your Etsy store ?
Since I’ve just opened I haven’t listed anything yet, however, my Darla Rose PJ set which you see in the photo has been custom ordered. I have sold pajama bottoms off my blog, and I hope this is a positive indication for my new Etsy shop!

How would you describe your style?
My pajamas are flirty, feminine, fresh and romantic.
I have taken great care to design styles that are flattering to many body types.

Is this your full time work?
I wish it were! I used to work in the fashion industry, but a couple of years ago (along with becoming an online seller) I decided to go freelance. I do translation work for fashion companies, write summaries and occasionally you’ll find me at the CPD (the fashion industry’s main event).

Where do you do your work?
I have a home office/studio.

How would you like to see Etsy develop in Germany?
It would be great to connect with Etsians residing in my area, perhaps schedule regular meetings with the aim to help each other grow our respective businesses. Promoting handmade products and educating more people locally to appreciate them is an endeavour close to my heart.

What do you see as some of the benefits/potential benefits of being part of the German Etsy Street Team?
I find it uplifting to be included in a team of talented people from all walks of life with such diverse crafts. I enjoy the group dynamic that results from crafty people coming together to brainstorm, discuss, give advice and motivate.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a reader of Duni's blog for some time now. She is such a special lady, and I am the proud owner of one of her sleep masks! I just love her work!

    ReplyDelete