Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Etsy Germany Street Team Sellers: Snou

Name: Lucia N Nieves Cortés
Location: Berlin, Germany
Etsy store: http://snou.etsy.com
Website: www.snou.biz
blog: www.snoujewels.eu
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/snou-art-and-design/124336330912409
Twitter: http://twitter.com/snouberlin

A bit about what I make: snou* is my jewelry label and it is all about contemporary jewelry. The collections are characterised by color, an innovative, refreshing character and fine craftsmanship. Unusual materials are brought into new contexts and transformed using a combination of unorthodox and traditional techniques into high quality wearable pieces expressing joie de vivre and boldness.

My goals for the Etsy store: Short term goals have been to improve the pictures and texts of my etsy store. I have been listing items in different phases which has resulted in maybe too many different backgrounds, lighting conditions, text styles. Now everything should be gradually modified to become more coherent in itself and with snou*s aesthetic vision.

Best seller items: have been the Lup textile necklaces and the Lotus rings

My style: Colorful, bold, modern, sexy!

Full time job? Yes, I am an educated goldsmith and jewelry designer and snou is my full time job.

Where do I work: My small Atelier/Gallery is located on the Richardstrasse 43, in Berlin-Rixdorf. Anyone can come by, official opening times are Thursday to Saturday from 13:00 to 19:00 hours.

The development of Etsy in Europe: I would like to see Etsy grow in Europe as they have done in Brooklyn , gathering a community of DIY-ers and offering regular activities, seminars, get-togethers.

Benefit of being on the Team. For me one of the most important or interesting aspects of being a part of Etsy, is being part of a community of creative people who put their ideas to work and bring them to reality within a context which redefines traditional consume and puts a value on concept, quality and craftsmanship. The same goes for the German Etsy street Team, it is a great opportunity to create links among a group of people with similar goals.

1 comment:

  1. i think your photos are great Lucia! I really like your handwritten annotations on the images. And the composition of the photos is great!

    ReplyDelete